“ I had not personally worked with KEE before and I was impressed with their ingenuity and their unwavering commitment to deliver the upgrade at Brinkley on time and to a high standard. It is refreshing to work with a company that do not have a ‘fit and forget mentality’ and have a genuine passion for the service they give their customers. If ever I need some expert advice or another Waste Treatment Plant, I will not hesitate to contact KEE. ” Gavin Pipe Anglian Water.
KEE have been working with Anglian Water for over 30 years and were commissioned to design and install the original B16 Rotating Biological Contactor (RBC) at their Brinkley site back in 1983. Following mechanical failures well past the 30 year manufactured design life of the plant, Anglian Water knew 3 years on, that the site was in need of re-furbishing. Therefore they installed a temporary SAF Treatment Plant to be set up on site to treat the waste whilst they sourced and installed a replacement RBC.
Unfortunately the temporary SAF Plant kept ‘tripping out’ and proved unable to treat the effluent to the correct consent levels so Anglian Water had no option but to have the effluent removed from site manually using tankers.
At this point Gavin Pipe, Project Engineer for Anglian Water at Brinkley contacted KEE to arrange a site survey and quote for a new RBC replacement. Upon arriving on site, KEE noticed that Magnasol was being used to neutralise ammonia from the B16 discharge in order to achieve the required environmental consent levels. It was therefore clear that the old plant was not achieving today’s environmental standards without chemical intervention.
Anglian Water , Brinkley
KEE recommended upgrading the old RBC with KEE’s latest NuDisc® Design Technology. The proposed refurbishment included the following benefits:
- NuDisc® technology delivering substrate and flow balancing
- 20 years extended life of the plant for a third of the cost of a new plant
- Elimination of chemical dosing resulting in a cost saving of £3,800 p.a
- Reduction in the need for de-sludging and tankering from site, therefore minimising tankering costs, heavy traffic and noise through the residential estate
- 3 day refurbishment installation program, providing huge savings in project management, human resource, and re-build costs when compared to a new installation
- Chemical free solution, protecting the environment
Anglian Water, Brinkly
Anglian Water agreed to KEE’s proposal and the new RBC was installed on the 26th of September. The installation took the scheduled 3 days to complete and the Brinkley site is now back in full working order, benefiting from the very latest solutions in mechanical engineering and process technology.
For more information on KEE’s latest compact, self contained NuDisc® RBC, please call KEE Process on: 01296 634500 or visit the KEE Group website.