One of KEE’s core company values focuses around Environmental Sustainability. As a business, we recognise our obligations to consider the environmental impact the materials we source and the products we produce have on the environment and, we aim to reduce the impacts & ensure environmental sustainability.
Fairtrade is about better prices, decent working conditions and fair terms of trade. It’s about supporting the development of thriving communities so that they have more control over their futures and protecting the environment in which they live and work.
KEE Process Ltd & KEE Services Ltd aim to ensure that we will play our part in reducing risks:
- Use fewer resources and less energy through continuous improvement and the use of innovative solutions.
- Procure all timber and timber products from legal and sustainable sources, and procure with a preference other construction materials from recognised responsible sourcing schemes.
- Specify and procure materials and products that strike a responsible balance between social, economic and environmental factors and generate benefits to society and the economy.
- Use resource-efficient products and give due consideration to end-of-life uses.
- Influence, specify and source increasing amounts of materials which can be reused, and consider future deconstruction and recovery of resources to embrace the circular economy to leave a sustainable legacy across the built environment.
- Where possible, provide opportunities for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) increase the use of social enterprises, support local employment, diversity and training and work collaboratively with the voluntary sector, especially those near to our offices and operations.
- Ensure that fair contract prices and terms are applied and respected, and that ethical, human rights and labour standards are met, in line with the United Nations Global Compact principles.
- Source goods, works and services that embody our environmental policy, health & safety policy and support the delivery of our Sustainable Development Strategy.
We believe our commitment to these values is one of a number of ways in which KEE, everyone within the company, and all our customers can demonstrate social, environmental and economic responsibility. Our business like all others changes and evolves over time, but our core values remain the same.
For more information, please call 01296 634500 or visit our website.