KEE Process and KEE Services Limited have been commissioned to refurbish and update countless old and tired treatment plants. The example shown below is of a unit located in a small Welsh Village. The ageing plant was proving unreliable and not performing efficiently so KEE designed and built a KEE NuDisc® to replace and update the old treatment plant.
KEE’s upgrade solution was – KEE NuDisc® Technology.
Often the structural housing of a wastewater plant can be re-used, meaning the internal components are replaced with brand new factory built KEE systems, incorporating the latest concepts in mechanical, structural and process engineering.
Refurbishments of this kind extend the life of the plant by another 20 years, drastically reducing the overall lifetime cost when compared to installing a brand new plant.
KEE’s Service technicians complete a full refurbishment suitability survey to assess the compatibility of each plant for an upgrade. This is applicable to all manufacturer makes of wastewater treatment plants and not just those designed, and produced by KEE. Water Authority sites have proved popular with refurbishments, reducing Water Authority spending and providing brand new refurbished treatment plants which are fully compliant to the relevant Authority specification.
Refurbishments remove the costly civil work elements associated with complete plant replacement.
Utilising current process equipment can often increase the treatment capabilities of the existing system, therefore making the refurbished plant fit-for-purpose for increased flows and loads, a problem which often occurs with old systems as more influent is added to it over their working life.
Following refurbishment KEE can continue to service, maintain and monitor the condition of the plant to keep it in good working order and performing efficiently.
- Minimises waste by only replacing the parts of the plant that need replacing.
- Greatly reduces the volume and complexity of site works.
- Less noise and general disturbance on site.
- Minimises plant ‘downtime’. A refurbishment is generally quicker to complete than a new installation.
- Incorporates the latest process design features and efficiencies such as KEE’s ‘managed flow’ system to protect the environment and meet wastewater consents and legislation.
- Reduce or eliminate the need to find an alternative location for a new plant.
- Extends plant lifespan by 20 years, at a fraction of the total cost of a new plant.
For more information on plant upgrades, refurbishments or new wastewater treatment systems, please visit our website or contact us on: 01296 634500